Escape to the subtle accents of Africa. Drawing its inspiration from the fascinating Mauritian cultural rainbow and the memories of our sensual and bewitching African heritage… this resort immerses its guests in a warm and friendly world where the magic of the place lies in the perfect balance of luxury, simplicity and friendliness. Heritage Awali is located on a 2500 hectares Domaine. The Domaine de Bel Ombre in the unspoilt South of Mauritius is the ultimate combination of beach, nature, relaxation and adventure. Stretching from the hills to a turquoise lagoon, this “Domaine of Experiences” offers truly authentic Mauritian moments for all.
- Domaine de Bel Ombre, 2500 hectares of luxuriant nature
- A choice of 12 restaurants and 8 bars
- Luxury All Inclusive formula
- Sea view and garden view
- 1 km of white sandy beach
- A 3000 m2 Seven Colours Spa
- 3 swimming pools
ROOMS & SUITES FACILITIES:
- Complimentary tea and coffee facilities
- Interactive flat screen TV (satellite)
- Free WI-FI in room
- Balcony or terrace
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Ceiling fan
DELUXE ROOM GARDEN VIEW
The Deluxe rooms offer the perfect combination of space, comfort and style. The contrast of dark wood and warm colours reminiscent of Africa offers a tropical sanctuary for the ultimate holiday.
DELUXE SEA VIEW
Spacious and overlooking the Indian Ocean, each Deluxe sea view combines a palette of warm colours and graphic patterns that originated on the African continent for the utmost in comfort and style.
DELUXE BEACH FRONT ROOM
Boasting direct access to the beach, the Deluxe Beach Front offers space, comfort and great location. Be instantly seduced by the African decor intrinsic to the island's heritage...
Wake up to the sound of the Indian Ocean in the beautifully appointed beach front suites offering extensive amenities and comfort. The stunning views of the turquoise lagoon offer the perfect backdrop for a tropical getaway. Jacuzzi and IPod dock.
Set in one of the most breath-taking spots overlooking the Indian Ocean, the views from the villa are out of this world. This unique villa is the ideal hide-away offering direct access to the beach and privacy. En-suite spacious bathroom with bath tub, separate shower and separate toilets. Living and dining room + 2 large bedrooms with en suite bathroom and kids’ rooms with en-suite bathroom. Jacuzzi and Ipod dock.
LE CHÂTEAU DE BEL OMBRE | 19th century colonial mansion. Domaine de Bel Ombre products exclusively used in proposed dishes. Can be privatised for weddings and/or events. Refined Mauritian cuisine using local products ‘à la carte’. Non-smoking restaurant. On reservation. Adults only.
BOMA | Open-air restaurant (African show and bonfire). Traditional African dishes buffet style. Dress code: Relaxed. On reservation.
ZAFARANI | Indian ‘à la carte’ Adults only restaurant. Non-smoking restaurant. On reservation.
C BEACH CLUB | The island's sea, sand and sun experience par excellence offering 2 restaurants and a bar.
GIN’JA | Pan-Asian restaurant set on the beach and overlooking the lagoon. ‘à la carte’. Opened for dinner only - Teppanyaki corner. Trousers, closed shoes and collared shirts for gentlemen from 7pm onwards. Non-smoking restaurant.
AMAFROOTY | Sandwiches, salads and lunch buffet ‘à la carte’.
BALAFON | Main restaurant. International themed buffets. (Vegetarian & gluten free menu available). Children’s buffet from 6pm to 9pm. Non-smoking restaurant.
ZENZIBAR | Lounge bar. Lunch and Pancakes.
INFINITY BLUE | Pool and beach International restaurant. Lunch, dinner ‘à la carte’. Vegetarian & gluten free menu available. Non-smoking restaurant. Reservation required.
INFINITY BLUE COCKTAIL BAR | Beach bar offering a variety of classic and creation cocktails
GOLF CLUB RESTAURANT & BAR | ‘à la carte’ Dinner - Steak House. Non-smoking restaurant.
Cyan | Cuisine: Table d'hôteI and International buffet Buffet on Saturday evenings
Coast | All day long Mediterranean
DRESS CODE - Smart casual as from 6.30pm (trousers or elegant shorts, closed shoes and collared shirts for men)
- Molokini (single and double)
- Kayak (single and double)
- Pedal boats
Land Based Activities:
- Tennis (3 floodlit tennis courts + tennis rackets)
- Fully equipped 3500 m2 fitness centre (7am to 8pm)
- Wellness walks in Frédérica Nature Reserve*
- Tai Chi
FRÉDÉRICA NATURE RESERVE
- 1300 hectares nature reserve
- Sanctuary for the indigenous flora and fauna
- Preservation and re-forestration in association with the Mauritian Wildlife Foundation.
- Hiking, VTT excursions, quad biking and guided tours (at extra cost)
- Free shuttle service within the Domaine de Bel Ombre Library
- Online check-in available on request
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the resort
- Foreign currency exchange
- Medical service (on request)*
- Free baby club dedicated to babies from 0 to 2 years old
- Open seven days a week from 8.30am to 4.30pm
- 6 baby nurses trained in first aid and childcare (booking 12 hrs in advance)
TIMOMO & FRIENDS KIDS CLUB
Welcomes children from 2 to 11 years old. Opening hours: 8.30 am to 11.30 pm
- Fitness classes for kids such as aqua aerobics / stretching/ swimming
- Sports classes for kids such as golf initiation / tennis initiation / badminton initiation / athletics / kids camp activities
- Sega / Latino dance classes
- Mini culinary workshop
- Mini tree rope park
In the evening
- Crab hunting on the beach
- Star gazing
- Mauritian sega / Latin dance show
- Ti chef
- Swimming camp
- Golf camp (as from 6yrs old)
- Tennis camp (as from 6yrs old)
Meals can be served upon request. A babysitting service is available on request (at extra cost, on reservation) + baby equipments.
Teens from 13 to 18 years old. Opening hours: From 10am to midnight
- Golf initiation
- Discovery of local musical instruments
- Tennis and beach volley tournaments
- Horse riding
- Sega parties around a bonfire
- Wii game consoles
- Pool table
- Quad in Frédérica Nature Reserve
SEVEN COLOURS SPA
- 1 vitality pool
- 1 chilled pool
- 20 treatment rooms, including:
- 13 indoor treatment rooms (5 doubles, 4 singles, 2 vichy showers, 2 steamed rooms)
- 7 outdoor treatment rooms (5 garden kiosks, 2 beach kiosks)
Open daily from 9am to 8:30pm
HERITAGE GOLF CLUB
- Privileged access to three other 18 hole golf courses in the region. (Le Paradis, Tamarina and Avalon Golf Estate)
- A golf Academy with golf lessons (which can be filmed for extra learning potential)
- An 18-hole championship golf course (PAR 72)
- An 9-hole ‘pitch and putt’ introductory course (PAR 3)
- 1 complimentary green fee per day per stay